12KBW maintains tier 1 ranking for Personal Injury in the Legal 500 2016
12KBW has maintained its tier 1 ranking for Personal Injury in the 2016 edition of the Legal 500 Directory, with 8 barristers named in the Leading Silks list, 1 in the New Silks list and 15 in the Leading Juniors List. Members of chambers are ranked across personal injury, clinical negligence, professional negligence and environmental law.
We are described as being ‘the first choice for PI litigation’, and ‘ahead of the curve in a sector that is constantly changing’. Our clerks are praised for being ‘friendly, approachable and well versed in the skills of their tenants’, with Graham Johnson, our Senior Clerk, described ‘a star clerk, who is head and shoulders above most others in the profession’.
See below for the entries for individual barristers.
Personal Injury – Leading Silks
– Andrew Hogarth QC Good for cases with an employment element.
– Paul Russell QC He has a formidable grasp of the detail.
– Richard Methuen QC Charming, calm and a good tactician.
– Stephen Worthington QC He has a very considerable intellect and top technical nous.
– William Audland QC He is excellent on tricky legal issues including cases with an international twist.
– William Featherby QC An excellent team player, with superb attention to detail.
– Frank Burton QC He has a calm, strategic approach, and always has a clear focus on the issues.
Clinical negligence – Leading silks
– Frank Burton QC He has a calm strategic approach and always has a clear focus on the issues.
Professional negligence – Leading silks
– Ronald Walker QC Practical and methodical
Environment – New silks
– Harry Steinberg QC Recommended for international tort law arising from large-scale environmental litigation.
Personal injury – New silks
– Harry Steinberg QC He has an extraordinary legal mind with an ability to understand complex legal issues very quickly.
Personal injury – Leading juniors
– Andrew Roy He leaves no stone unturned to get to the right result.
– Arun Katyar He has the courage of his convictions.
– Catherine Brown She has a wonderful knack for putting difficult legal concepts into plain language.
– Daniel Tobin An excellent advocate, who is highly efficient.
– David Sanderson A formidable advocate in road traffic accident liability disputes.
– David White Highly competent and reliable.
– Gemma Scott She has a depth of knowledge of someone twice her call.
– Henry Charles Extremely astute tactically and highly intelligent.
– Hugh Hamill He seems to be sponge-like in his ability to absorb vast quantities of information.
– Marcus Dignum His main strength is his ability to extract a deal out the most challenging of cases.
– Niall Maclean His advice is of an exceptionally high standard; no challenge is too large.
– Nigel Lewers He is particularly good with complex calculations in schedules on multimillion-pound cases.
– Patrick Vincent He is extremely articulate and persuasive.
– Richard Viney Pragmatic, with very good attention to detail.
– Simon Levene His charismatic approach and clear explanation of the issues is very effective in court.