12KBW is a long-established civil set of chambers which has a well-deserved and consistent reputation for excellence. Our core practice areas include personal injury, employment and discrimination, international and travel, industrial disease, insurance, clinical negligence, product liability, professional negligence and costs.
Practice Team Leader
Deadline: 5pm on Friday 31 August 2018
12 King’s Bench Walk is a civil set of chambers with a well-deserved and consistent reputation for excellence in its core areas of practice, in particular personal injury and industrial disease.
Chambers are seeking an outstanding individual with relevant clerking experience. The role will work closely with Oliver Parkhouse, Director of Clerking, and the rest of the clerking team. The successful applicant will require ambition, commercial awareness and leadership. The role also plays a significant part in the business development and marketing functions of Chambers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Diary and practice management.
- Marketing and business development of all practice areas.
- Managing, training and educating junior staff.
- Ensure the efficient management and fair distribution of work across the teams.
Suitable candidates will already be working in a similar environment and possess the relevant attributes and experience. They should also have a proven record of developing the practices of barristers of all levels of seniority and be adept at developing and managing client relationships on behalf of Chambers.
If you would like to discuss the vacant position, please contact Oliver Parkhouse on 07534 465 038.
Salary – £22,550.00
Deadline: 5pm on 14th September 2018
Chambers are looking for a Junior Clerk to assist and work within the clerking team.
The successful candidate is someone that can work well under pressure, keen to learn, develop and progress in the career as a Barristers Clerk.
Applicant will have the following:
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s, including Mathematics and English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- A working knowledge of Equality and Diversity code in respect of clerking members of chambers;
- A focus on excellent client care with a professional and service-oriented approach;
- Strong initiative and willingness to work in a pressurised environment;
- Team ethic with significant ambition to learn and progress career.
- Delivering papers to and from court;
- Collecting papers from around chambers and distributing accordingly;
- Returning papers to solicitors;
- Updating records on to Lex;
- Handling and dealing with general enquiries;
- Administrative tasks including DX, post and stationary monitoring;
- Assisting the more senior clerks with tasks, as required.
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter to the email above.